Friday 20 June 2014

Color of Boats

My collection of boats photo during my visit to my wife hometown.What I found out during my visit, I'm attracted to the variant colors of the longboats that have been made by the locals. Just like our car, we identify our car by the registered number that appear at the front and back of our car. But for the local that own a longboat, their identify their longboat by color or the shape of the longboat. Most of the longboats are handcrafted. In the future, I would like to see the crafting of the longboats with my own eyes and off course to capture it with my camera. For the time being, it is hard to find a local here that are expert in longboat crafting.

Thanks for viewing. Enjoy!.

A local paddle off the wharf to depart to his longhouse.

Moment of boarding the longboat.

Locals return back from town. The common transportation for the local in Song to their longhouses.


Local crowded the express boat during the back to work day after Gawai. This overloaded express boat should be avoided as there are few cases of express boat capsized due to the heavy load it carried. This doing is the act off the unresponsibility person that disregard the safety of the passenger who onboard their express boat service.

I managed to captured the incoming express boat from Kapit during our cruise to cross the Rejang River. It took nerved out of me if we didn't manage to avoid the express boat at that time. But for the local, they dealed with this situation almost everyday. The skill of their's to navigate the longboat is well trusted.

Longboats mooring along the Song River.

Local preparing the longboat before setting off to town.


Local transfering their luggage.

A local having a chat in his handphone surrounded by coloful longboats.

Variant colors of longboats and even a express boat mooring at Song town wharf.

No comments:

Post a Comment